On October 5,12 and 18 2021, within the framework of the international Erasmus+ project “New mechanisms of partnership-based governance and standardization of vocational teacher education in Ukraine (PAGOSTE)” a training “Educational governance and cooperation in German vocational teacher education” for stakeholders in the education and training of VET teachers took place online. A training cosisted of three sessions respectively during which the trainers presented to different aspects of governance and cooperation.
The frist session was conducted on October 5, 2021 by Professor Thomas Deissinger, the Head of the Chair of Business and Economics Education (University of Konstanz, Germany). It was devoted to such questions:
- features of governance and cooperation in vocational education in Germany;
- implementation of the subsidiary principle in vocational education and teacher education in Germany;
- institutional division of responsibilities among the Ministry of Education of Germany, Seminars of Teacher Training, universities and institutions of vocational education;
- the role of industry chambers as a body of supervision and monitoring;
- the role of universities in vocational teacher education.
The second session was on October 12, 2021 during which Joachim Dietrich, the senior lecturer of the Business and Economics Education Chair (University of Konstanz, Germany) presented:
- training phases for vocational teachers in Economics in Baden-Württemberg;
- content of professional didactics of Economics disciplines;
- the specifics of cooperation between universities, Seminars of Teacher Training and institutions of vocational education;
- features of school practice and pedagogical internship of vocational teachers;
- specialized didactic standards for pedagogical internships;
- organization of mentoring in vocational schools;
- assessment of school practice;
- features of conducting classes during a pandemic.
For the last session on October 18, 2021 an external guest, Prof.Oliver Greuling from the State Seminar for vocational teacher education Weingarten, was invited to present:
- second phase of vocational teacher training;
- functions of the Seminars for teacher training;
- the structure of the teacher training curriculum;
- features of teaching practice;
- selection of teachers to work in Seminars;
- the role of the Center for Quality Assurance in School Education and Teacher Training.
Over 100 people attended in the training, who were the representatives from vocational schools and centers, higher education institutions, VET methodological centers and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The full programme of the event (engl./ukr.) is available here.
The presentations of the trainers with translation into Ukrainian are below:
- ST_5_UKON_Subsidiarity in VET_Deissinger, Thomas_05.10.21_de-ua
- ST_5_UKON_Cooperation in VTE_Dietrich, Joachim_12.10.21_de-ua
- ST_5_UKON_Cooperation in VTE_Greuling, Oliver_18.10.21_de-ua