About the organisation
Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine (IVET NAPS) is a leading scientific institution which provides methodological and scientific support of VET sphere in Ukraine as well as the scientific basis for evidence-based state policy in VET.
The aim of the Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the NAPS of Ukraine is to ensure the development of national education and science system, implementation of methodological, theoretical support for VET based on socio-economic transformation and needs of the society in the innovative development of the country and professional development of individuals.
Main tasks of IVET are:
- Implementation of researches, scientific and technical (experimental) development, implementation of state programs aimed at solving urgent theoretical, methodological and practical issues of pedagogy and VET, international projects and contractual issues;
- Conducting scientific expertise of, legal documents, educational materials in the field of vocational education and training; pedagogical forecasting; preparation of scientific guidelines and implementation of scientific and educational research in educational and social activities;
- The implementation of the experimental activities on various educational issues. Creating a network of scientific, practical, scientific and educational centers, branches etc. in accordance to established procedure;
- Activity in scientific and educational field to familiarize the wider public with the results of research in the field of vocational education and training.
The scientific activity of IVET is carried out in cooperation with the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on Science and Education, the Department and the State Directorate of Vocational Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Institute for the Modernization of the Content of Education, the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, the All-Ukrainian Association of Employees of the VET of Ukraine, unions of employers, educational (scientific) methodological centers (cabinets) of vocational education institutions of Ukraine in order to ensure wide introduction of the results of research work in the activities of VET schools.
Role and function in the project
The Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine is the only research institution in Ukraine, which provides scientific and methodological support of VET sphere and experimental verification of scientific ideas and hypotheses. Besides IVET has strong linkages with network of vocational schools, HEIs, other stakeholders.
The role of the IVET in the project is seen in:
- Providing scientific support (e.g. developing scientifically reliable instruments for interviews of vocational teachers and management from vocational schools and for surveys carried out with students; conducting interviews with vocational teachers and management from vocational schools and processing of the gathered data; conducting surveys among students and processing the collected data; creating the recommendations on national roadmap for changes of vocational teacher education governance in Ukraine).
- Managing the online platform ‘Partner Space” for fostering PBG (e.g. creating the concept of the online platform, software requirement specification for development an online cooperation platform, communication with a development company, coordination and management of the process of development).
- Dissemination of project results among target groups and beyond on the institutional and regional level (through organizing international and all-Ukrainian conferences, round-tables, publishing activities, constant updating the project web site etc).
Contact person of the project team of IVET
Associate Prof. Dr. h. c. Borodiyenko Oleksandra
Head of the Laboratory of Foreign Vocational Education and Training Systems