Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy
About the organisation
Ukrainian Engineering-Pedagogics Academy – is the only higher educational establishment in Ukraine, which specializes in training engineering pedagogical staff for vocational training system: teachers, methodologists, instructors of industrial training of higher qualification for technical schools, colleges and educational establishments of vocational training system. UEPA also trains specialists of engineering profile for different branches of economy.
Scientific directions of activity:
- innovation scientific research and projects in the field of higher education, vocational education and new technology in industries;
- research with awarding the Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees in the field of vocational education.
Methodological directions of activity:
- elaboration and implementation of standards and programs of vocational teacher education for the whole Ukraine;
- setting up new technology and methodological support for training VET teachers
Educational directions of activity:
- training VET teachers according to the Junior Bachelor's, Bachelor's and Master's degree levels;
- advanced training of VET teachers (according to IGIP);
- postgraduate studies in the field of vocational education.
Ukrainian Engineering-Pedagogics Academy in brief facts:
- two sites – Kharkiv and Bakhmut;
- five faculties and one institute;
- 20 departments;
- scientific library;
- Educational and Scientific Center for practical training in all specialties;
- research laboratories;
- more than 14 SMART-classrooms, computer-based audiences with specialized software, Wi-Fi coverage;
- a sports complex, gyms and sport hall;
- student dormitories;
- dining rooms.
Role and function in the project
The Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy (UEPA) is a member of the POGOSTE project consortium. UEPA has a big interest and demonstrates its commitment to contribute for the achievement of the project objectives. The objectives of the project coincide with the direction of the development of UEPA, therefore it confirms its intention to actively perform the tasks of the project.
In more concrete terms, UEPA will:
- set up new structures to realize PBG at the Academy;
- organize a workshop and a round table;
- provide a possibility for HEI staff to attend project activities;
- provide rooms and necessary facilities for organization of hosted project activities;
- facilitate the dissemination of the project results for general public;
- take part in the work on national guidelines for PBG and amendments to the standards;
- perform other tasks necessary to successfully implement the project.
Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy is the co-executor of all work packages of the project:
- WP Preparation: Analysis of governance of vocational teacher education
- WP Development: Elaboration and implementation of partnership-based governance (PBG)
- WP Development: Setting up PBG mechanisms for the national level
- WP Quality plan: Quality assurance of the project
- WP Dissemination & Exploitation: Project dissemination plan and exploitation of results
- WP Management: Coordination and management of the project
The Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy its main responsibilities are to implementation of activities within Work Packages (WP), to ensure the achievement of set objectives, to support the effective project functioning in accordance with its contribution of, organization of workshops, staff trainings and round tables.
The scientific input, which is expected from the Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy , lies in the sphere of educational governance and policy, provision of informational support and feedback on the implementation of mechanisms of partnership-based governance.
UEPA expects to receive such tangible results:
- improvement of the teaching process due to the exchange of professional experience with vocational teachers;
- updating the curricula of theoretical practical training of future vocational teachers;
- increase if practical places at vocational schools for the student practice;
- improvement of the qualifications of the HEI teaching staff that trains professional school teachers through the establishment of multichannel experience exchange between all project partners and other HEIs and vocational schools.
Contact person of the project team of UEPA
Prof. Dr. Nataliia Briukhanova
Head of Pedagogy, methods and management of education department